Training Widget

Monday, October 29, 2007

Proof of Progress

Day 53 - October 29, 2007

The race on Saturday has apparently reminded my legs that running faster is more fun. Not feeling the need to run early this morning, I waited to run around the university after work and I chose the 6 mile run I had so many troubles with back in September.

Today was much better: no sudden urge to leave my lunch on JPA, no need to stop every mile and a half, and no pain in my teeth when I finished. Just a run that I can really appreciate. Even the final hill didn't seem all that bad. I think another couple of weeks and my conditioning will be back to where I was before the great running slump.

Consistency may have its rewards.

Day: 53..... Time/Date: 5:05PM 10/29/2007 .....Weather:Sunny, 55F
Run: OHill-5thSt..... Miles: 6.0 .....Time: 41:18..... Pace: 6:53 min/mile
Miles to Date: 209.8 .....Total Running Time: 26:06:39

No comments: