Training Widget

Friday, October 12, 2007

Lazy Friday Afternoon

Day 36 - October 12, 2007

Blowing off work early on a Friday afternoon is a great thing. At 2:30 today I had enough and decided to throw on the running clothes and enjoy a fine fall day. I convinced my old running partner he should take the afternoon off as well and we set out for a quick run around the university. The temperature was perfect and it was great to not feel the normal rush of trying to squeeze a run in between work and dinner or rolling out of bed at o-dark thirty to finish before work.

I'm definitely getting stronger - the climb up O-Hill was bearable today. To get a better measure of my progress, I timed myself from the corner to the top - 4:15. That's one slow half mile. But the ~160 feet of elevation gain probably has something to do with that - I wonder how long it typically takes to run to the top of a 16 story building?

Day: 36 .....Time/Date: 2:45PM 10/12/2007 .....Weather: Partly cloudy, 66F
Run: OHill-Lewis Mtn .....Miles: 3.9 ....Time: 27:48..... Pace: 7:08 min/mile
Miles to Date: 138.1 .....Total Running Time: 17:19:06

No comments: