Training Widget

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Random Miles

Day 40 - October 16, 2007

First, I should celebrate a little...40 days. 40 is a very important number. Almost all biblical challenges lasted 40 days....rains fell for 40 days, Moses went up the mountain for 40 days, Jesus was tempted in the desert for 40 days. So 40 straight days is no small feat. So, for one small minute I'll pat myself on the back....there ... done.

I know that the day would go a lot smoother if I could force myself out the door to run early in the dark. But it is really hard to run before the sun comes up when you know it is going to be 70 and sunny at 5 o'clock. So again today, I put off the run until after work. The down side of course is that lots of things come up that inevitably shorten the run. Work too late, eat too much/not enough, dehydration, and every other excuse will cause you to cut your run short. I've yet to run farther in the evening because everything came together perfectly and I had more time than I expected.

So today, after working through lunch, I made an unexpected stop at the grocery store. But before driving home, I dumped the groceries in the car, and set out for a quick run. It was good to run in an area I don't normally visit and it gave me a chance to explore some side roads I've not been on before. Of course that meant I did a lot of back tracking when roads that I thought connected somewhere farther down suddenly came to a dead end. But, the ever faithful gmap-pedometer was there to total up the miles and I managed a pretty good run.

So like Noah, I've survived the rains, and in another 40 days, I can open up the window and enjoy the view.

Chris

Day: 40 .....Time/Date: 5:30 PM 10/16/2007..... Weather: Clear, 74F
Run: Random Miles .....Miles: 5.4 .....Time: 37:59 .....Pace: 7:02 min/mile
Miles to Date: 151.8 .....Total Running Time: 18:59:20

No comments: