Training Widget

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Enveloped by darkness

Day 33 - October 9, 2007

Choosing to sleep longer this morning, I took my running gear to work with me thinking I'd get in a late afternoon run around the university. But since it was 90 degrees at 5:00 and I didn't have any water with me, I chose to delay the run until after I got home.

After a short rain shower lowered the air temperature, I set out for a quick run as the sun set behind the western mountains. Dusk seems to turn to darkness much faster than dawn turns to daylight. Within minutes, I was enveloped by darkness, and the world around me disappeared. I generally don't like running in the dark, twisted ankles and dodging cars is not why I do this, but tonight it was nice to be alone with my thoughts.

Day: 33..... Time/Date: 6:45PM 10/09/2007 .....Weather: Cloudy 72F
Run: Beazely..... Miles: 5.1 .....Time: 38:34 .....Pace: 7:34 min/mile
Miles to Date: 125.1 .....Total Running Time: 15:45:45

No comments: