Training Widget

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fall blew in from the north today

Day 35 - October 11, 2007

Last night's cold front left summer behind and brought fall to Central Virginia with full force. The air had a definite crispness to it today and the wind was whipping up mini-leaf tornadoes. The change was good for me, and really had me jazzed for today's longer run.

Today was also the first time I've run with a friend since I've come out of my running funk. We used to run together everyday, but I abandoned that plan when I went all lazy. He continued, and is probably faster now than he's ever been. Fortunately, he was tired from a speed workout yesterday and I was able to hang. It was good for my confidence. Seven miles is the longest run I've done since June. Being able to run it in low 7's was the icing on the cake.

Five weeks complete, and I'm feeling really good about my running. I've worked up to 30 miles a week, and I'm getting close to my normal running pace. Best of all, no injuries, no soreness, no complaints. 965 doesn't sound too intimidating.

Chris

Day: 35..... Time/Date: 4:45PM 10/11/2007 .....Weather: Partly cloudy, windy, 63F
Run: OHill-3 Loops .....Miles: 7.1 .....Time: 50:51..... Pace: 7:10 min/mile
Miles to Date: 134.2..... Total Running Time: 16:51:18

No comments: