Training Widget

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Sqeezing it in

Day 27 - October 3, 2007

I was beginning to wonder if today was the day it all would end. No matter what I tried, something was preventing me from getting out today. I woke up and my legs said, in the NY accent they apparently picked up in Brooklyn, "fo-getta 'bout it" - there was no way they were having any part of a morning run after that late afternoon run up OHill yesterday. So I went to work early thinking I would get out around 4:30 and cruise through the university again. Well, when I finally left the lab at 5:40, I thought maybe I'd get out sometime after my Wed night volunteering. But then I got a break - through a scheduling snafu, I was suddenly free for the evening and got out just before 8:30. The streak continues.

It was cool to run with the Big Dipper tonight. Huge in the north sky, the great bear followed me around the neighborhood. I tired to keep the flashlight off as much as possible and enjoy the starry night, but I was glad I had it when a car would come by. Getting smashed by an SUV would surely make it more difficult to run tomorrow.

Chris

Day: 27 .....Time/Date: 8:20PM 10/03/2007 .....Weather: Clear, 69F
Run: Geranium-Amicus..... Miles: 3.5 .....Time: 25:47 .....Pace: 7:22min/mile
Miles to Date: 98.4..... Total Running Time: 12:23:21

No comments: