Training Widget

Monday, November 12, 2007

The Recovery Run

Day 67 - November 12, 2007

Today I ran the third of the 4 types of runs - the recovery day. This one is pretty easy to figure out. The day after a long run or a speed workout, it is important to back off and rest. Rest can be a complete day off, but I prefer to go out for a short run at a comfortable pace. By not taking the day off, I still get out and loosen up, and I'm less sore the next day. I still get some mileage in, but don't' have to spend a lot of energy doing it.

This morning I took it easy and only ran 2 miles. I was still feeling the effects of yesterday's long run. My legs were pretty dead and my hips felt like there was sandpaper in the joints when I started out. But, by the end of the run, I was feeling pretty good. The recovery run had served its purpose.

Day: 67 ..... Time/Date: 6:30 AM 11/12/2007 ..... Weather:Clear, 41F
Run: Amicus 2 Mile..... Miles: 2.0 ..... Time: 15:07 ..... Pace: 7:34 min/mile
Miles to Date: 268.9 .....Total Running Time: 33:17:26

No comments: