Training Widget

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

2 Months and counting

Day 61 - November 6, 2007

Today celebrates another milestone. Two months complete - 242 miles and over 30 hours of running. I'm feeling really good about my running and have even survived a few challenges. I expected that I would have run a lot more 2 mile runs just to get them in, but there have been relatively few. I also expected there to be a lot more days where I was really tempted to just bag it and pretend this never existed.

But, I'm feeling great. I've had very few aches and pains which tells me that I've handled the mileage well. I'm getting close to averaging over 4 miles a day, so I'm not taking it too easy. And I'm getting back to the speed that I was running at a few years ago. All in all, I couldn't be happier with my progress and I'm looking forward to month 3.

I ran a new run with a friend today. Mostly an out and back course, but near the end, we decided to jump on the Rivanna Trails and come up the backside of O-Hill. The footing wasn't great, but it was like being back in high school running a cross-country meet. The burn in the quads felt about the same anyway. All together we ran 5 miles and even with the trail section we maintained a decent pace. I should run the trails more often for something different, and that should assure me the opportunity to run more in the daylight.

Chris

Day: 61 .....Time/Date: 8:00 AM 11/06/2007 .....Weather: Sunny, 49F
Run: Ohill-Nat’l Res-Trail..... Miles: 5.0 .....Time: 37:01..... Pace: 7:24 min/mile
Miles to Date: 242.6 .....Total Running Time: 30:03:56

No comments: