Training Widget

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Lovin' the Time Change

Day 62 - November 7, 2007

I was chatting with a friend yesterday who was not happy that it was already dark at 5:30. Normally I would agree with that, but since I've started running earlier, I really appreciate that the skies are starting to lighten by 6:15. This morning I was blessed with a kaleidoscope sky that changed by the minute. Last week, running at 6:30 would have meant complete darkness. I never would have seen the two deer that stepped out onto the road and challenged me to a real cross country race (I politely declined) if we hadn't gained back that extra hour. I would have missed the moment the sun just starts to peak through the trees as it rises above the horizon. So, for the next couple of weeks, I will enjoy the time change until the days shorten further and the darkness returns to my early morning runs.

Chris

Day: 62 .....Time/Date: 6:30 AM 11/07/2007 .....Weather: Partly Cloudy, 33F
Run: N Carnation-Davis..... Miles: 3.6 .....Time: 26:37..... Pace: 7:24 min/mile
Miles to Date: 246.2 .....Total Running Time: 30:30:33

No comments: