Training Widget

Monday, November 26, 2007

I guess it could have been snow

Day 81 - November 26, 2007

Work ended early today so I thought I was going to get nice late afternoon run in for my first run in Buffalo. My plan was to go for a 3 or 4 mile run in the cold November rain. My friend had other ideas. Well, to be more accurate, he had no clue where he was going. Seven plus miles later, I was soaked to the point of no longer avoiding the puddles and covered in mud.

It was good though - without the lack of direction, I never would have run that far in those conditions. I'm not a big fan of running till I'm pink. I was the punch line of the classic what's black and white and red all over.

I actually wish the rain had been snow. For the amount of rain that fell today, it would have been 8-10 inches of fresh powder. Maybe later in the week I'll get a good snow run in if something comes off the lake.

Chris

Day: 81 .....Time/Date: 4:30 PM 11/26/2007..... Weather: Rain, 40F
Run: Blue Bridge Run .....Miles: 7.2..... Time: 53:04..... Pace: 7:22 min/mile
Miles to Date: 329.9 .....Total Running Time: 40:44:15

No comments: