Training Widget

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Farewell to OHILL

Day 68 - November 13, 2007

Today was probably the end of my runs starting on OHill. My office is moving off grounds and I won't have any reason to come up here to start a run. In tribute, my friend and I tried to get in as many parts of the different courses that we would normally run. We started off like normal running up to the top near the observatory and back down the other side to McCormack. From there we headed out toward Dirty Nelley's, turned and headed down to Shamrock and back up Cleveland. Once we got back to JPA, we turned out Stribling and ran over to Fontaine. From there we left the road and jumped on the Rivanna Trail for a jaunt through the woods. The leaves were absolutely amazing today with every shade of yellow and red you can imagine. It made the burning thighs tolerable as we climbed the steep side of OHill. I will miss running up here. OHill is an amazing island of peace and quiet hidden within the heart of Charlottesville. I'm sure that I will still venture up here in the middle of a run on occasion, but it won't be as often as I would like.

Day: 68 .....Time/Date: 8:00 AM 11/13/2007 .....Weather: Cloudy, 57F
Run: Ohill Farewell .....Miles: 5.4 .....Time: 40:04 .....Pace: 7:25 min/mile
Miles to Date: 274.3 .....Total Running Time: 33:57:30

No comments: