Training Widget

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Darkness

Day 58 - November 3, 2007

Running after dark has given me a new appreciation for the entire running experience. Tonight, I felt like I was running blind. Sure I had my flashlight and the occasional street light, but for most of the run, I was running with only my sense of touch to guide me. There was the occasional whiff of chimney smoke, the distant sounds of far off cars, and faint glimmer of light reflecting from passing mailboxes, but when I finished the run, there was almost nothing I could remember of it. I realized tonight that the run is more than the burn in my legs, the racing of my heart rate, or the time on my watch. It's about the escape from the grind and resetting my mind with the fresh reboot that I get from the overall experience.

Day: 58 .....Time/Date: 9:55 PM 11/03/2007 ..... Weather: Clear, 43F
Run: Geranium-Amicus ..... Miles: 3.5 .....Time: 26:06 ..... Pace: 7:27 min/mile
Miles to Date: 225.9..... Total Running Time: 28:03:51

No comments: