Training Widget

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

What a difference a day makes

Day 6, September 12, 2007

The weather was as close to perfect as you can get this morning. Crisp and clear - the stars were out in full force as I stretched on the front porch. I was a bit undecided this morning on how far I would go, but not wanting to waste a good morning I decided against the 2 mile short run and chose the Carnation hill and Davis run. It was a bit too dark to see anything interesting and I was bit pre-occupied by the couple of commuters who put me into the ditch, but I still enjoyed watching the sky transition from deep navy blue to something much lighter. It was cool to see the small sliver of orange on the easter horizon race upwards as if it were trying to catch Venus as it rocketed above the tree line. I suppose I should get used to running in the dark since the sunrise is taking longer and longer to come about these days. I don't look forward to that, but I'll try not to be deterred.

Enjoy the day,
Chris


Day: 6..... Time/Date: 6:00AM 9/12/2007..... Weather:Clear, 58F
Run: N Carnation-Davis .....Miles: 3.6 .....Time: 27:31 .....Pace: 7:39 min/mile
Miles to Date: 21.4 ....Total Running Time: 2:48:49 Weight: 176

No comments: