Training Widget

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Running High

Day 19 - September 25, 2007

Today I decided to stir things up and left the neighborhood for my run. In the wee hours of the morning I got in the car and drove to Shenandoah National Park. I spent the first 90 minutes there watching the sun rise and enjoying the morning's nature. Around 8:00, I changed into my running gear and set out for an easy run along Skyline Drive. I didn't realize until it was too late that the direction I chose was pretty much all down hill for the first 2 miles - which you guessed it, made it a bit challenging on the way back. But the cool, clean air and the deer darting along the road beside me more than made up for it. There were very few cars to contend with, and the few I did see gave me plenty of room. All in all it was a great run for a Tuesday.

Chris
Day: 19 .....Time/Date: 8:00AM 9/25/2007 .....Weather:Sunny, 57F
Run: Skyline Drive .....Miles: 4.6 .....Time: 35:32..... Pace: 7:43 min/mile
Miles to Date: 68.0 .....Total Running Time: 8:38:18 .....Weight: 174

No comments: