Training Widget

Thursday, September 27, 2007

3 Weeks down, 140 to go

Day 21 - September 27, 2007

It has been a long time since I ran 21 straight days without a day off. Fortunately, I don't have any real aches and pains to talk about. I ran through the Achilles soreness from last week and stretching has alleviated most of that pain. The one thing I have noticed is my increased need for sleep - 5 hours isn't cutting it anymore. Hopefully as I build endurance I'll be better able to deal with that.

This morning's run seemed especially dark due to the layers of fog in the air. The full moon was even dimmed to a yellow-orange glow as it burned through the thin clouds. At one point I was completely enveloped by fog which gave me the feeling of running on a treadmill in the dark. It was very ethereal to see the exact same thing (or lack of seeing) with each stride. I have a feeling I will get to experience that a lot as the calendar marches deeper into autumn.

Tomorrow looks like the first real obstacle to the streak, but with the bus leaving later than I had thought, it should be OK - hopefully I'll be able to post from New York, but if not - have a great weekend and look forward to lots to read on Monday.

Chris

Day: 21 .....Time/Date: 6:10AM 9/27/2007 .....Weather:Fog, 65F
Run: N Carnation-Davis .....Miles: 3.6 .....Time: 27:08 .....Pace: 7:32 min/mile
Miles to Date: 73.6 .....Total Running Time: 9:20:12

No comments: