Training Widget

Friday, September 14, 2007

Race preparations

Day 8 - September 14, 2007

As I mentioned yesterday, I'm planning to run my first 5K of the year. This is a very low key race as most of the areas top runners will be pounding the roads on Saturday at the Pepsi 10K. The 5K is the first annual Spring Hill 5K to benefit Greene County Public Schools. To be a little different, the race will be run entirely on trail, which is something I haven't done much of since high school. I am very excited about getting back into the woods and off the roads.

I'm not doing a lot to prepare for this race as it is very early in my training- I'll basically use it as a speed workout and just see what I can do, but I will cut back my mileage and pace tomorrow so that I can have fresh legs on Sunday morning. When I get in a little better shape, I'll taper down for my races, but I'm running such short distances these days, any amount of taper and I won't keep the streak active. I'll go on record and set a modest goal of 23:15 for the 3.1 mile course - hopefully I will be well below that.

Enjoy your Friday,
Chris

Day: 8 .....Time/Date: 5:35AM 9/14/2007 .....Weather:mostly cloudy, 61F
Run: Geranium-Amicus .....Miles: 3.5 .....Time: 26:11 .....Pace: 7:29 min/mile
Miles to Date: 26.9 .....Total Running Time: 3:28:57 .....Weight: 175

No comments: