Training Widget

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Glad the weatherman was wrong

Day 9 - September 15, 2007

The forecast for this morning had been heavy rains from the remnants of Humberto. I guess the storm tracked farther south, because this morning was gorgeous. Clear skies and cool breezes made this one of the most pleasant mornings in a long time. This would have been a perfect fall morning to crank out 10+miles. If the weather is even close to this tomorrow, it will be a great race.

This challenge has been good for me already. I haven't been excited about a race since July of 2006. Unfortunately, an unexpected trip caused me to miss that race and my enthusiasm for running spiraled down to near all time lows following that disappointment. I'm really looking forward to challenging the clock tomorrow. It will be good to establish a baseline to judge my progress by over the next few months.

Check back tomorrow to see if I still feel that way after the race.

Chris

Day: 9.....Time/Date: 7:30AM 9/15/2007..... Weather:Clear,windy, 62F
Run: Amicus 2 Mile..... Miles: 2.0 .....Time: 14:25..... Pace: 7:12 min/mile
Miles to Date: 28.9 .....Total Running Time: 3:43:22 .....Weight: 175

No comments: