Training Widget

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Was that a run or a swim?

Day 5, September 11, 2007

The thunderstorms and heavy rains of last night left this area completely saturated. The air was so thick this morning I was afraid that one deep breath too many and I would drown. I do not enjoy running when it is this humid, but no way I was going to be a loser after just 5 days.

I started out on a route I hoped was going to be about 4 miles. I immediately felt the hills from yesterday in my Achilles. I guess I need to remember to stretch more because the goal is not to just run, but to run injury free.

The run ended up being about a quarter mile shorter than I had hoped, but good enough for the first week. There were enough hills to make it a challenge and I was very happy to click the watch off when I had reached the driveway. Hopefully tomorrow will be less humid.

Day: 5..... Time/Date: 8:40AM 9/11/2007 .....Weather:Cloudy, humid, 74F
Run: Carnation-Goldenrod..... Miles: 3.8 .....Time: 29:20 .....Pace: 7:43 min/mile
Miles to Date: 17.8 .....Total Running Time: 2:21:18 .....Weight: 175

No comments: