Training Widget

Friday, September 28, 2007

Was that a left or a right?

Day 22 - September 28, 2007

As tough as it was to get up this morning - that was nothing compared to what the run had in store for me. With the late night last night and the trip to NY today, I thought I'd muddle through a 2 mile quickie and get back ASAP. I started out running down 512, but the lack of sidewalk and busy traffic made me uncomfortable. When I reached the turnaround point, I decided to run back up through the industrial park that parallels 512. I thought that the roads in the industrial park were laid out in a nice neat grid, but apparently not so. As I was running back on S Commerce, the lack of moon and sun failed to alert me that the road had gently turned 90 degrees. That little twist completely threw off my sense of direction and when I reached the 4 corners, I turned right. That proved to be the worst of the three choices. Left wold have brought me out just below where I wanted to be and straight would have taken me exactly where I wanted to go. Not having Google maps along with me, I turned right and ended up a mile from where I wanted to go.

In the end, it turned out to be a good run and I'm glad I got the miles in. Hopefully tomorrow in NY I won't end up on the wrong side of the Hudson.

Chris

Day: 22 ..... Time/Date: 6:30AM 9/28/2007 ..... Weather:Partly Cloudy, 62F
Run: Industrial Park 512 ..... Miles: 5.1 ..... Time: 37:28..... Pace: 7:21 min/mile
Miles to Date: 78.7..... Total Running Time: 9:57:40

No comments: