Training Widget

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Lost in NY

Day 23 - September 29, 2007

I should not be allowed out on my own without a map. I made my way down to the path along the West side and enjoyed the view as I ran toward the Statue of Liberty. The rising sun reflecting off the distant shoreline made the filth of the city seem tolerable. At the southern tip of Manhattan, I turned back into the heart of the lower east side thinking I would run a few blocks up, hit Church St., then cruise on back to the hotel. What was I thinking that I knew where I was. After about 10 minutes of running away from where I needed to go, I found myself under the Brooklyn Bridge. Ooops. I stumbled onto Wall Street and decided that was as good as any to run on, and eventually found a subway map that pointed me back to Church and I managed to keep the run under 5 mile.


I don't know how people run consistently in the city...too many streets to cross, too many wind tunnels between the buildings, too much construction to dodge. It was weird running between the buildings, like running in the woods without any trees. I'll take my country back roads any day.

Chris

Day: 23 .....Time/Date: 6:45AM 9/29/2007 .....Weather:Clear, 60F
Run: Lost in NY...... Miles: 4.4 .....Time: 34:30 .....Pace: 7:51 min/mile
Miles to Date: 83.1 .....Total Running Time: 10:32:10

No comments: