Training Widget

Thursday, September 13, 2007

One week down

Day 7 - September 13, 2007

Wow, I can't believe it has been a week already. I didn't log a lot of miles, but I'm pleased that I've completed seven days with no major aches or pains and haven't even considered a day off. I know it sounds cheesy to think that, but prior to this I typically would only run 5 days a week sometimes only 4. I valued my rest days. As I go forward, you'll be able to tell when I'm taking a rest day by the shorter mileage and slower pace.

While today was a shorter run, it would not be what I would consider a rest day. This morning I decided to open it up a bit and see if I could get the legs to turn over a little quicker. I felt pretty good as I started up the first road, so I decided to push it a bit harder. I have a hard time judging my pace when running in the dark, so I didn't know what to expect for a time. How pleased was I when I realized that I had completed the 2 miles in under 7:00 min/mile pace. I think this is a good sign for the upcoming race on Sunday - I talk more about that tomorrow.

Chris

Day: 7 .....Time/Date: 6:00AM 9/13/2007..... Weather:mostly cloudy, 53F
Run: Amicus 2 mile .....Miles: 2.0 .....Time: 13:56 .....Pace: 6:58 min/mile
Miles to Date: 23.4 ......Total Running Time: 3:02:46 .....Weight: 175

No comments: