Training Widget

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day 78 - 3.3 miles

I've decided to run a 5K this weekend - the Camp Holiday Trails 5K. Camp Holiday Trails is a camp for children with special medical needs. The camp itself is in a great little location, practically right in Charlottesville that you'd never know was there if you didn't stumble upon it. There are some great running trails in that area and Reservoir Road is a wonderfully quiet gravel road for anyone at UVA looking for a long run.

The race will be run on the UVA neighborhood course, a hilly, but familiar route. I've never run a particularly fast time on this course, but it will be good to get out and see how much I've improved since the beginning of the year. I'm really just hoping to average 6:40 or 6:45/mile.

I decided to take it easier today and will do the same tomorrow. I want my legs to be as fresh as possible. Even with a couple of easy days I should still log 35 miles this week. I'm hoping this will also give me some clue about where I am in my preparation for the Charlottesville 10 miler. I finally signed up for that race as well today, so I'm all in. It should be a fun two and half weeks.

No comments: