Training Widget

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Day 74 - Long Run After the Rain

A well timed phone call delayed my run just long enough for the rain to stop. That was a real blessing because I was not looking forward to 12 miles in the rain. The run was pretty uneventful. I took it slow the first 6 miles and reached the turnaround point in 49 minutes, stopped and stretched out for a few minutes, then finished the second 6 in 47 minutes.

I love that I can map out the run ahead of time with www.gmap-pedometer.com and know exactly how far the route will be. I've run with people who have the fancy Garmin GPS systems and I've found gmap-pedometer to be just as accurate and I don't have to worry about losing the satellites half way through the run. Of course, that means I have to remember the course exactly, but usually that isn't a problem for me.

So, I'm off to a good start this week and hoping to get in another 35 mile week before running a long run of 14 or 15 miles next Sunday. That should put me in good shape endurance-wise for the Charlottesville 10 miler. I know I won't have the speed to run as fast as I'd like, but I shouldn't hit the wall either.

Today's run - Mt Vernon UMC run
Today's mileage - 12.2 miles (YTD 298.8)
Today's time - 1:36:06 (YTD 38:41:47)

No comments: