Training Widget

Friday, March 13, 2009

Winter tries to return

It's hard to believe that it was 80 degrees last week. This morning we awoke to a ground covering of snow. By the time I got out out run mid morning, most of the snow had melted and it was just a mix of rain and snow coming down. After being so tired yesterday, I decided to take it easy again today, just in case I decide to run the 8K tomorrow. Right now I'd say the probability is low since the forecast is for sleet in the morning - yuck.

I also completed the 2nd week of the push-up challenge this morning. I'm happy to say that I did 102 push-ups today, but it took me 7 sets. The program called for 5 sets of 16, 17, 14, 14, 20 with two minutes of rest between sets, and I did 16, 17, 14, 14, 21, 10, 10. Hopefully over the next 4 weeks I'll get that down to one set. This weekend I'll take the week 2 test to see how many I can crank out in a single set, then get ready for Week 3. I peeked ahead and noticed that it gets a lot tougher in week 3 - I hope I can keep pace.

No comments: