Training Widget

Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008 in review

Well, as you all know, the streak ended in September. What you probably don't know is that my running fell completely apart after that day. I was assigned to business travel for 2 months straight in an area where it was barely safe to run on a treadmill, let alone the street. But in 2009 I am vowing a comeback. I won't say I'm ready to attempt 1000 straight days again yet, but I did run the New Years Day 5K today. What a mess. I am so slow and I even had to stop and walk. Yep - in a 5K, I had to stop and walk. I am so ashamed. I guess it was the cold air and 20 pounds I gained traveling. The good news is, there is only one direction to go from here. Teh improvements should come fast in 2009 and I'm looking forward to being more consistent on the roads this year.

So, here are the stats from 2008 - not the greatest year considering a I ran every day for 8+ months, but still not that bad.

Days run - 287 (78%)
Total miles - 880
Total time run - 108 hours, 45 min, 37 sec
Average pace - 7:25/mile

In 2009 I hope to get that mileage back above 1000 and the average pace back down near 7:00/mile. I'm off to a good start with 5 miles in today. Just wish I could have run a little faster.

No comments: