Training Widget

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Day 67 - Frays Mill to Chris Greene Lake

The weather was great again today and I definitely wanted to take advantage of that for my long run. I also wanted to get away from my normal running routes, so I went over to the church for my run. That gave me the option of picking a run that was almost completely on gravel roads so the traffic would be pretty light and the surface softer than normal. The one thing I didn't expect was the length of some of the hills. Typically, in my normal runs, a long hill takes me three minutes to run. Today, one of the hills took me over 10 minutes to run. That was a bit of a shock to the system, but fortunately it was on the way out and I was able to run down it on the way back. A couple other hills were in the 3+ minute range, so I wasn't expecting that extra challenge on my long run.

It was a very quiet run and the scenery around the lake was pretty cool. I think there are trails that go around the lake and I may give them ago sometime later this spring.

I did have a few minutes of hip pain that I'll need to watch out for. I ran through it and eventually it went away. I'm really not sure what caused it. I hate those unexpected pains. I tend to be gunshy about them for a few days afterward. Hopefully it was a fluke thing.

Today's Run 10.5 miles (YTD - 262 miles)
Today's time 1:20:28 (YTD - 33:53:26)

No comments: