Training Widget

Sunday, March 1, 2009

When the streak gets tough

Phew -good thing I posted about the benefits of running at night the other day.

On Wed, I started a flooring project at a friends house that turned into a much bigger job than anticipated. On Thursday, I worked until about 8:30pm and finally got home to run at 9:30. I was sore and tired and barely managed to get 2 miles in. On Friday, I worked until 10:00pm and got home and out the door at 11:15 for a run in the rain - nice. Saturday was again going to be a busy day and we had family coming into town, so I knew an evening run was out of the question. That meant a 7am run before heading out to work on the floor. I was so tired and cramped from the last two days that I could barely stand, let alone run. It was the most pathetic 1.3 miles I have ever run. Thank goodness the first 25 days of February went better than the last three.

But, I kept the streak alive and I'm ready for March. Now I just need the wife to get home and watch the kids so I can go out and run in the falling wet snow - so much for spring.

Totals for streak through February 2009:

Days run - 59
Total Miles - 216
Total Time - 27 hours, 43 min, 02 sec

No comments: