Training Widget

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A lazy 10K to close out the month

It felt really good to be back out on the roads for a run with some distance to it. I felt almost back to normal running up and down the many hills I traversed over the 6.2 mile out and back course. I was able to run at a comfortable 7:30's pace and feel confident that I will be near 100% on Saturday. My only concern is some lingering congestion, but I don't think it slowed me down today. Still keeping my fingers crossed!

Today's Run 6.2 miles (0:46:56)

So, March closes out with much better weather than when it came in, and I logged 156 miles. I quickly checked back through some previous years and that is the best one month total since at least 2004. I'd guess the last time I ran over 150 miles in a month was when I was training for the 2001 Richmond Marathon. If nothing else, I should have a solid base for the 10 miler this weekend.

Running Streak Totals Through March 2009

Days Run - 90
Total Miles - 372

Total Time - 47hours 54 min, 35 sec

No comments: