Training Widget

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Double take

Day 101 - December 16, 2007

After a long night of cold rain, this morning cleared off and the weather turned quite nice. I ran the same route as yesterday thinkin gI would try and improve upon my time. My thinking being that yesterday I ran really relaxed and never looked at my watch until I clicked it off at the end. Today I set out at a quicker pace and felt like I was pushing the entire way. I was quite surprised when I finished to see that I wa actually 2 seconds slower than yesterday. The differene? Well it was the wind. It was hitting me square in the face almost the entire way out today. I guess that was enough to cause me a few seconds in time while making it feel like a much harder effort. It was still a good run with my pace well below 7 min/mile and is a good start to my second 100 days.

Chris

Day: 101 Time/Date: 11:50 AM 12/16/2007 Weather: Partly Cloudy, 44F
Run: N Carnation-Davis Miles: 3.6 Time: 24:27 Pace: 6:47 min/mile
Miles to Date: 392.5 Total Running Time: 48:14:38

No comments: