Training Widget

Monday, December 31, 2007

Another year behind me

Day 116 - December 31, 2007


2007 was not the greatest running year I've ever had, but I think I may have turned the corner by starting the streak. It wasn't until I looked back at 2006 that I realized how poor my running was in 2007. Here's my monthly mileage from back in 2006. As you can see I was running a lot of miles and doing it at a good pace. But, after July, I started to tail off.



Here's a look at 2007 - ugly!


The monthly mileage is coming back up now that the streak is in full swing, but the average pace is way down from last year. But, that will be a good motivator for me as I prepare for the next 10 miler.

Now I'm sure some will argue that running everyday may be the reason for the slower miles and lower daily average, but I think it is premature. The main reason for the slower miles is the big dump I took in the middle of the year. As the next chart shows, I ran 50% of my miles this year in the last 4 months. I think by April I should be back to where I was running in the peak of '06. We'll see.

I closed 2007 out with a new run in Charlottesville. It was a nice 4 mile run that I felt really good on. I'm hoping that is a good sign heading into 2008 and I can look forward to my best year of running yet.

Have a safe New Year's Eve,

Chris

Day: 116 Time/Date: 11:45 AM 12/31/2007 Weather: Windy, 49F
Run: Four Seasons Loop Miles: 4.0 Time: 28:38 Pace: 7:09 min/mile
Miles to Date: 435.9 Total Running Time: 53:30:58

No comments: