Training Widget

Friday, July 4, 2008

Ironically 1 tenth of a mile short

Day 302 - July 4, 2008

Happy Independence Day! I woke up 10 minutes before my alarm this morning and decided to make the best of it. I was stiff as a board from sleeping on the 58 year old sleeper sofa and I figured no additional sleep was going to help that. I gave myself 30 minutes to work out the creaks, then set out on a perfect weather morning. Our annual trek to Cleveland is usually welcomed with high temperatures in the 100s and lows in the 90s - I'm not kidding - one year the house never got below 92 degrees the entire weekend. Today, it was 57 when I stepped outside with zero wind or humidity.

The area of Cleveland that we are visiting has to look like a sheet of graph paper from the sky, so there is almost no chance of getting lost. The neighborhoods are also very old, so there were lots of mature trees to run under and perfectly landscaped, manicured lawns surrounding Craftsman style houses. With no particular goal for where to run to, I ran against the watch and just meandered from block to block. At 26ish minutes, I decided to head back and retrace my steps. Gmap-pedometer tells me the run total was 7.3 - seems like I should have found another 0.1 somwhere to run 7.4 on the 4th of July - Oh well.

It was a perfect run this morning - no pressure to be back, no traffic to dodge, no loose dogs to avoid. If I could have mornings like this everyday I'd be renaming the blog 10000000 Days of Running.

Day: 302 Time/Date: 6:45 AM 7/4/2008 Weather: Clear, 57F
Run: Cleveland Running Miles: 7.3 Time: 52:55 Pace: 7:15 min/mile
Miles to Date: 982.3 Total Running Time: 120:25:00

No comments: