Training Widget

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Big Announcement

Day 328 - July 30, 2008

This morning I went for nice run with the wife. We did 2 miles together then I went on ahead and ran another 3.5 when she was done. It was nice to get out together and put a few miles under our shoes. I was proud of her - even with it being so hot she still ran the whole thing without stopping. She'll be ready for the Women's 4 miler in no time.

A few days ago I mentioned that a challenge had been thrown down about riding in the 3rd Annual Cycling Challenge to benefit the Charlottesville Boys and Girls Club. Well, I bought a bike and have begun training. Initially, I thought I'd just ride the short 30 mile loop and be done with it. But what good would that do the kids? My $50 registration won't do much and I'm not doing it because I love to ride and was looking for the next opportunity. No, I'm going to do my best to raise some serious cash. In fact, to help promote the cause, I've launched a blog - Cycling for CVille to track my training progress, share my riding experiences, and raise upwards of $1500 for the Boys and Girls Club. So, if your interested in another reading experience and want to help out, click on over and check it out. The more money I raise, the farther I'm going to ride.

Now, running comes first and I'm going to keep this streak going. I hope I can add the riding without hurting my weekly mileage. It's only 3 months until the big event, so I should be able to handle it. If I have to drop out of one challenge, it will definitely be the riding.

Day: 328 Time/Date: 8:00 AM 7/30/2008 Weather: Clear, 78F
Run: TL 5.5 Miles: 5.5 Time: 48:25 Pace: 8:48 min/mile
Miles to Date: 1068.9 Total Running Time: 131:13:50

No comments: