Training Widget

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

300th post

Day 321 - July 23, 2008

Well, I couldn't let my 300th post be a pitiful little 2 mile run, so I decided not to post anything yesterday. Instead, I saved it for the 9 mile run I did this morning. It was hot and humid for such an early morning run, but I was pretty pleased when I finally finished. My time wasn't terrible and I didn't get the dreaded I can't go on feeling. I did at one point entertain the idea of calling the wife to come get me, but since I wasn't positive she would be able to get the kids up and out the door faster than I could be home, I decided against it.

I'm hoping that this long run will encourage me to continue to bump up my weekly mileage. I should be in the mid-20's this week (I hope since I ran almost half of that today) and that is getting me close to the 30 a week I'd like to do. I've only got one more weekend trip planned that will cut into my running time, then it should be smooth sailing through the fall.

The one thing that might get int he way would be this silly bike ride challenge that was issued to me. Apparently, our entire company is going to be riding for the local boys and girls club. Sounds like a great cause, but it means I have to a) get a bike, b) train, c) ride over Afton Mtn. Fortunately, I'm not that competitive (ROFLOL) so I won't take it that seriously. We'll see.


Day: 320 Time/Date: 7:10 AM 7/22/2008 Weather: Cloudy, 69F
Run: Amicus 2 mile Miles: 2.0 Time: 14:50 Pace: 7:25 min/mile
Miles to Date: 1036.8 Total Running Time: 127:09:23

Day: 321 Time/Date: 5:45 AM 7/23/2008 Weather: Cloudy, 72F
Run: Celt 9 miler Miles: 9.0 Time: 07:37 Pace: 7:31 min/mile
Miles to Date: 1045.8 Total Running Time: 128:17:00

No comments: