Training Widget

Monday, January 7, 2008

Summer in January

Day 123 - January 7, 2008

What's a 50 degree swing in temperature over the course of a week? Trouble is, I hadn't noticed the forecast for today and all I took were winter type clothes to run in after work. I did find a pair of running shorts int he bottom of my bag, but they were buried under 2 long sleeve shirts, a jacket, my nylon running pants, a hat and a pair of gloves. I think I was a bit over prepared for cold.

The warm weather was a welcome departure from the frigid temperatures of earlier this month. It also was good to get out and get in a longer run. Today's 5.4 was the longest run I've done since the craziness that was December put a dent in my daily mileage.

There are now only 81 running days remaining until the Charlottesville 10 miler. That's only 11 weekends to get in enough long runs to build the needed endurance and only 10 weeks to get in enough speed workouts. I guess that means I better start this week.

Chris

Day: 123 Time/Date: 5:15 PM 1/7/2008 Weather: Clear, 64F
Run: AVIR 5.4 Miles: 5.4 Time: 38:49 Pace: 7:11 min/mile
Miles to Date: 460.7 Total Running Time: 56:28:53

No comments: