Training Widget

Friday, January 18, 2008

Maybe I meant to do that

Day 134 - January 18, 2008

Sometimes, rarely, procrastination can be a good thing. I was too tired to roll out of bed when I should have this morning and didn't have time to run before work. After talking to a running friend who ran this morning I was glad I did. The 5 inches of snow that fell yesterday before the rains came turned the streets into a slushy, frozen mess. He said he felt more like an ice skater than a runner. I on the other hand had the advantage of warm afternoon temperatures that melted off most of the ice and gave me relatively dry roads to run on after work. Yeah for procrastination. I wish I could just claim that I planned to wait until evening to avoid the early morning icy roads, but I didn't. I was just lazy.

Tomorrow will be Day 135 since I began this journey to 1000 days and I will surpass 500 miles. I'll update my fictional cross country journey to lend some perspective. I should be well into Utah by now.

Chris

Day: 134 Time/Date: 6:00 PM 1/18/2008 Weather: Clear, 40F
Run: Geranium-Amicus Miles: 3.5 Time: 25:37 Pace: 7:19 min/mile
Miles to Date: 498.8 Total Running Time: 61:04:46

No comments: