Training Widget

Monday, February 15, 2010

What I like about running and hate about the Olympics

When you run, you know who wins. There's no judgment call in the clock time. First is first. I hate Olympic sports with judging. How can you fall in figure skating and still get a medal. Bogus. Bodie Miller gets a bronze because of some minor technical error in his run that costs him less than a 10th of a second. But a skater falls and it hardly affects the score and they can still medal. Unbelievable.

I'll stick with running.

Sorry for the rant.

1 comment:

Ace said...

Major agreement here. Judging stinks. I think it forms a spectrum of athletics with pure sports (no judging/judgement calls by officials) like running on one end, and figure skating on the other...
Lace 'em up, see who is fastest sounds good to me.