Training Widget

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 2 of the Snowpocalypse


Day 402 - February 6, 2010

Days like today are what make a running streak fun. Yes there is 15" of fresh snow on the ground, and no the roads haven't been plowed, but you still have to run. With a running streak, you find away. Today, I was fortunate that a few brave souls had been out on tractors and in their 4-wheel drive trucks and left me tire tracks to run in. Otherwise, it would have been a very tough run though 10+ inches of powder that has fallen since they gave up plowing last evening.

The traction wasn't too bad today - I only slipped twice when I hit patches of ice from last weekend's storm that were covered in fresh snow. Fortunately I was able to maintain my balance and not fall like yesterday.

The snow was sticking to everything and really made for some nice photos. I'm glad I took the camera with me today. Hope you enjoy a few of the views I had today.


No comments: