Training Widget

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Charlottesville Half Marathon - Officially Signed up

Day 417 - February 21, 2010

I've made my decision and signed up for the half marathon. I predicted a 1:29:00 finish, but I'm hoping that is a conservative estimate of my time. The race is to weeks after the 10 miler and I'm hoping that race will be a good stepping stone to a solid finish.

For my run today, I squeezed in 5 miles on a very muddy dirt road. The snow is finally melting and we had beautiful blue skies and temperatures in the 50s. It was a great day. I was a little sore from yesterday's long run, but I slowly loosened up and enjoyed the spring-like day.

And if you didn't get a chance to watch the USA vs Canada, you missed the best hockey game since 1980. From the first whistle to the last, both teams played their hearts out. That is what the Olympics should be all about. Most goals wins - no judging how pretty they look doing it!

No comments: