Training Widget

Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Daily Mile

Day 416 - February 20, 2010

I signed up for the Daily Mile today. As best I can tell, the Daily Mile is a social networking site for runners and cyclists where you can log your activity and share it with friends. I'm sure it is more than that, but I'm going to give it try and see how I like it. If you'd like to check out my profile, my user name is CERuns.

Today was a long run and I was joined by a good friend that I have been running with for almost 10 years now. The plan was 13, but unfortunately that wasn't in the cards. I felt great. In fact it was one of the best runs I've been on in a long time. But my friend was recovering from a cold and the pace was a bit too fast for him. I have no doubt that he will bounce back and be ready to put a hurt on me next week. We cut the run a bit short, but still logged 11.4 miles. That was enough to put me at 36 for the week. My confidence for the Charlottesville 10 miler is building and I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments: