Training Widget

Saturday, February 13, 2010

A long run

Day 409 - February 13, 2010

I had an hour an fifty minutes of free time today which was perfect for a long run. I dropped my oldest daughter off at her Saturday enrichment class and I was off. I had a pretty good idea of how I wanted to get around Charlottesville, but I kept my options open and tried to find roads with clear sidewalks - not an easy feet. I also tried to include as much of the 10 miler course and Marth Jefferson 8K course as I could just so I could refresh my memory about the hills and road conditions.

It was great to have that much time. I just had to make sure I was back to pick up the girlie on time. When I realized I was going to finish my run 20 minutes early I tacked on an extra mile. I love having that flexibility and not feeling like I have to rush a 20 minute run.

With today's 12.2 miles, my weekly total was 38. That makes this the highest total of the year and one of the highest of the streak. I hope I can maintain that mileage for the next several weeks as I prepare for the 10 miler.

No comments: