Training Widget

Friday, February 29, 2008

Thank God this day only happens every 4 years

Day 176 - February 29, 2008

UGH!!!!!! After a long week at work, I left half an hour early today so that I could get in a decent run while it was still light out. Sounds like a great way to start a Friday night - right?!?!?

Well, I have no idea what was going on for the commute home, but my normal 30 minute drive took an hour and twenty minutes. I hate to admit it, but after an hour of sitting through traffic lights, I lost it. I was so angry. At two different intersections I sat through at least 10 light cycles. It was miserable.

I only had time for two miles after that debacle, but it was good to take the frustration out on the blacktop. It was relaxing to just get out into the darkness and shut out the world for a few minutes. I certainly didn't run at a pace that will impress anyone, but it was still good for the blood pressure.

I'm glad this isn't the 1637 days of running - I don't think I could handle another day like today.

Day: 176 Time/Date: 6:50 PM 2/29/2008 Weather: Cloudy, 46F
Run: Dahlia Miles: 2.0 Time: 15:15 Pace: 7:37 min/mile
Miles to Date: 630.4 Total Running Time: 77:09:00

No comments: