Training Widget

Friday, August 8, 2008

Sometimes when you don't feel like running...

Day 337 - August 8, 2008

...you just have to go out and run anyway. My calves were sore from yesterday's double workout of running and riding and I really didn't want to run any farther or faster than I had to. But, after a typically slow first half mile, I started to loosen up, the pain started to go away, and my pace kept getting faster and faster. When all was said and done, my average pace had dipped below 7 minutes per mile. Is that fast - well, for me it is. Over the course of this streak, I've been averaging ~7:20/mile. I hope I can remember today's run over the next several weeks. As I ride more miles, I'm guessing I'm going to have sore calves quite often. I know I've let sore legs hold back my mileage lately.

Day: 337 Time/Date: 6:45 PM 8/8/2008 Weather: Clear, 88F
Run: N Carnation-Davis Miles: 3.6 Time: 25:05 Pace: 6:58 min/mile
Miles to Date: 1097.4 Total Running Time: 134:43:58

No comments: