Training Widget

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Death threats while running

Day 352 - August 23, 2008

Today was interesting - as I was about a mile from home, running with the wife, when this white Subaru came up from behind me and shouted some rather colorful language at us. Being the calm, pacifist type, I simply waved and thanked him for the comments.

Well, just like you, he apparently thought I gave him the one finger salute and he turned his car around, slammed on the brakes, and practically tripped over himself trying to get out of his car. Being the big man that he was, he pulls some kind of club/cane out of the car and threatens to beat me with it. Trying not to laugh, I told him to get back in his car and drive away before his fat ass had a heart attack. As you might imagine, he didn't take that well. But I guess I surprised him by not running away and he got back in his car after impressing me with all the 4 letter words he knew. I think there may have been a complete sentence in there somewhere, but it was hard to tell.

Of course, the moron didn't realize, that unlike most of his relatives, I could remember a 3 letter-4 number license plate and joyfully placed a phone call to the local law enforcement agency and filed a complaint. So, Mr. Happy Driver - I hope you enjoy your visit from the sheriff. I know I will.

Not bad - two weeks shy of a full year of running before anyone threatened to kill me. At this rate I guess I've got one or two more of these coming before the 1000 days are up.

Day: 351 Time/Date: 6:30 AM 8/22/2008 Weather: Clear, 56F
Run: Davis Run Miles: 3.3 Time: 28:27 Pace: 8:37 min/mile
Miles to Date: 1143.3 Total Running Time: 140:35:09

Day: 352 Time/Date: 7:00 AM 8/23/2008 Weather: Clear, 62F
Run: Davis Run Miles: 6.6 Time: 05:23 Pace: 9:54 min/mile
Miles to Date: 1149.9 Total Running Time: 141:40:32

No comments: