Training Widget

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I was close to bagging it tonight.

Day 188 - March 12, 2008

I swear there is a vast non-running conspiracy out to get me. The number of unexpected things that have come up this week in unbelievable. This morning, I was so tired i came up with every excuse I could imagine to stay in bed another 15 minutes. Yeah I know, that makes all this my fault, but I really was tired. I finally convinced myself that I had enough time to get a run in between meetings from 6:30 to 7:30 pm and that it might actually be nice to run as the sun was going down and enjoy the evening. Now for the last month, that hour has been a complete waste of time for me with nothing to do, so I thought I was being quite clever in choosing to utilize that time with a 3-4 mile run. Well, wouldn't you know, I got absolutely bombarded with things that needed to be done right then and no one else available to help out. Go Figure!! Anyway, I will eventually be able to run for more than 15 minutes at a time, I just don't know when that will be. I'm not even going to try and predict it.

I think at this point it would be the understatement of the year to say that my training for the 10 miler is officially in the toilet. Ugh!

Day: 188 Time/Date: 10:00 PM 3/12/2008 Weather: Indoors, 67F
Run: Treadmill Miles: 2.0 Time: 13:40 Pace: 6:50 min/mile
Miles to Date: 663.2 Total Running Time: 81:10:09

No comments: