Training Widget

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Chorus of Love

Day 180 - March 4, 2008

Yesterday's warm temperatures and today's rain washed away the last remains of winter and allowed spring to take its place. The daffodils are bursting out everywhere, the pear trees are ready to pop, and the spring peepers were almost deafening as I ran around the lake tonight. I found that last bit especially cool because I intentionally went out to listen for them last night and they were not out.

I knew this morning when I couldn't drag my butt out of bed that I would pay for it tonight. I was right. The rain was relentless as I plodded along. By the time I reached home, I was soaked. But runs like tonight are good for building character. I knew when I started this streak there would be runs like this and that I would have to endure them to keep the streak going. I'm pleased that I didn't bag it and take the 2 mile shortcut just to get the run in. If you remember back a few weeks, I set a goal of getting to 725 miles by day 200. To do that I pretty much have to average 4 miles a day for the next 3 weeks. So that means I can't bail out too many more times.

Day: 180 Time/Date: 6:45 PM 3/4/2008 Weather: Rain, 63F
Run: 5 Hill 4.4 Miles: 4.4 Time: 33:40 Pace: 7:39 min/mile
Miles to Date: 642.8 Total Running Time: 78:39:30

No comments: