Training Widget

Friday, November 20, 2009

Surprise after dark

Day 324 - November 20, 2009

Tonight was another one of those nights where I didn't feel like running. It was late, I wasn't feeling particularly energetic, and the temperature was dropping with every hour I delayed.

The skies were crystal clear tonight and with the shallow crescent moon, the stars were very bright. As I ran along, I looked up through the leafless trees and admired the few constellation I can identify. Then I saw something out of the corner of my eye. At first, I assumed it was just the lights playing tricks on me as it filtered through the branches. Once, twice, and even a third time. I was starting to believe they were meteors, but the Leonids were earlier this week.


Then, right in front of me, above the road in unobstructed sky, a meteor streak appeared as far as I could see. Definitely one of the longest ones I've ever seen. It definitely made the run worth it.

No comments: