Training Widget

Saturday, November 28, 2009

I love the long run, but . . .

Day 332 - November 28, 2009

Going into the weekend I knew I was behind on my monthly mileage and I was going to need to step it up. Thursday, I logged almost 6 miles at the Turkey Trot, Friday was another 4.5, and today I laced up the Asics and pounded out 12.5 miles. I love long runs. I love the challenge. I love the solitude. I love being dead tired when I finish. What I don't like...chafing. I tried to protect myself with strategically placed band-aids, but I wasn't prepared for the arm-pit rub caused by my shirt. I'll have to wear a better fitting shirt next time.

Those 23 miles in the last three days put me at 33 for the week and 122 for the month. With 33 days left in the year, I need just 140 miles to reach my goal of 1460 for the year. If December were a normal month I'd say it was a done deal, but the busyness of the holidays may keep me from logging enough miles. I'll just keep plugging away and see where the road leads.

No comments: