Training Widget

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Wednesday that didn't go as planned

Day 223 - April 16, 2008

I should have known when I woke up screaming at 12:50 am that today was not going to be a good day. I have had leg cramps before. When I ran my first marathon I even had cramps in both hamstrings, calves, and quads at the same time. But nothing was like the cramp I had last night. My hamstring shrunk to about a third of its normal length and was as hard as a rock. I tried to get out of bed to stretch it out and managed to fall flat on the floor. It took almost 10 minutes to calm down to where I could get back to bed. I'm quite sure I scared the wife pretty good. She was a good egg and got me a banana to shove down my gob while I tried to stretch it out.

Unfortunately, this was just the beginning. I wasted a beautiful day for running today. Work just refused to end today and I was forced to push all the way back until 10:00. I completely missed the bright blue skies and temperatures in the 70s. That really sucks.

Day: 223 Time/Date: 10:00 PM 4/16/2008 Weather: Clear, 47F
Run: Dahlia Miles: 2.0 Time: 14:28 Pace: 7:14 min/mile
Miles to Date: 756.9 Total Running Time: 92:47:10

No comments: