Training Widget

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Weather so nice I had to run twice

Day 256 - September 13, 2009

I was enjoying a lazy Sunday morning today, so instead of going for a long run like I had planned, I stayed in bed an extra hour and settled for a 4 mile run on a crystal clear morning. It was really a great morning for a run and had we not needed to get ready for church, I'm sure I would have stayed out and run at least twice that.

After church, I mowed the lawn and sat down to log my run. That was when it hit me. I was only 4.5 miles shy of 1000 for the year. As the sun was going down, the temperatures were still hovering near perfect and I just couldn't let 1000 sit there just out of reach. So I laced up the Asics and was back out the door. It felt great knowing I got in the extra miles and I reached a key milestone.

1 comment:

Ace said...

Woot! 1000 miles ftw! Grats.