Training Widget

Friday, September 4, 2009

And then the hot water tank sprung a leak

Day 247 - September 4, 2009

Friday, 5:00pm, time to go home and get in my daily run. I found my carpool friend and we were out the door for a long weekend. As I pull into his driveway, his wife greets us with the great news that the hot water heater is leaking all over their basement. Oooo - that isn't good.

I couldn't bring myself to leaving him on his own to fix that, so I volunteered to help. We got the water shut off, I went home and changed my clothes and three and a half hours and two trips to Lowes later we had the new heater in place and they were good to go. I have to admit I felt pretty good about helping a friend.

Were it not for the streak, that would have been the end of my day. But, I still needed to run. No heroic stories of running 10 miles in the dark, I simply put in my minimum 2 mile run and chalked up another day. I hope when I get to 1000 I'll remember days like today and be proud that I ran anyway, even at the end of a very long day.

No comments: